What points should be considered when using Resorts as either isolation or quarantine facilities:
- Is it a genuine offer of support in a time of crisis, or is it a quick method to secure financial stability for the resort?
- It is an awkward question, yet below will outline points to take into consideration when converting a resort to a potential isolation / quarantine facility?
Key & Resort Workers (Applicable for ALL including the GM)
- What checks will be in place, to ensure that those arriving at the island, are fit and healthy, have they completed a Health Declaration Form, what tis the purpose for them being on the island!
- Do all resort works from the airport representatives, boat crew through to administrative team members, have the correct / proper training and PPE to be worn.
- Will resort workers, be expected to provide cleaning services to those rooms being used by either a patient or medical staff? Yes or No?
- Regardless of the answer.
- Have the HK team been properly trained in how to clean / disinfect the room, offices, public spaces, any in or outdoor facility on the resort / hotel/
- Do you have the correct PPE For everyone at the resort / hotel, plus additional par stock to hand?
- Do you have the correct and approved chemicals / cleaning material, has everyone been trained to use correctly?
- Do they know what to do with any soled linen (incinerator onsite to burn / destroy)? Has this been approved by HAP / GOM.
Pre & Post Arrival
- Any lose items (FFE / OSE) in guest rooms should be removed and stored in sealed rooms / containers. In essence potentially anything that could some into contact with the virus!
- Amy FFE / OSE that cannot be removed should be cleaned thoroughly in accordance to HPA / GOM / WHO Guidelines, before / after any use
- Has the AC / Ventilation unit been updated and modernised to ensure that no air borne particles and viruses can escape?
- Do resort members rooms have adequate ventilation and necessary precautionary measures in place
- Do engineering have capacity to replace, provide general maintenance to rooms. What processes are in place to ensure vacant rooms are cleaned and maintained to HPA / UKPH / USPH standards
- Does the resort have capacity to replace any damage / infected equipment
NB: The Cruise Ship, infected in Japan, will be stripped back to the bare metal, with all removeable items being destroyed and the entire ship disinfected from bow to stern / top to bottom.
Food & Beverage
- Are the necessary measures in place for I VD / Room Service to be offered to everyone on property?
- If personnel are expected to dine in a restaurant then food should be served by the F&B team to avoid any risk of contamination
- Those dining should sit apart from each other to ensure social distancing takes place
- Items used for IVD / Room Service, must be collected in accordingly with protocols in place, and as such should also include the deep cleaning to ensure all traces of any virus are killed
Training & Planning
- Those remaining on the resort, must be trained on how to deal with potential outbreaks.
- How to deal with media both local and international
- Training provided in the correct method for deep cleaning by hand, (high pressure machines just move particles into the air) PPE & Chemicals to use